Privacy and Cookies Policy for www.miventures.co.uk
About this Privacy and Cookies Policy
In this Privacy and Cookies Policy, references to "you" means any person submitting any data to us or to this Website about himself or herself or about any other living individual in respect of any use of the Website or the services available through the Website (each being a "Service").
When you use different aspects of the Website, we may ask you to supply us with various information about you or anyone whom you represent. This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the way in which we may use such information.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations 2016, the data controller is WENTA, and our registration number with the Information Commissioner’s Office is Z3664532.
Questions, comments, requests or suggestions regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
Your privacy is very important to us. We shall therefore only use your name and other information which relates to you in the manner set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy. We will only use your personal data in a way that is fair to you. We will only collect information where it is necessary for us to do so and we will only collect information if it is relevant to our dealings with you.
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
Data that we collect
We may collect and process the following personal data from you:
1. your title, name, address, email address, telephone numbers, username, password and such other contact details as we require. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use certain Services through the Website. We may also store information relating to any Services that you use through the Website and your general online behaviour whilst using the Website, including products and/or services which you viewed or searched for, page interaction information (including, but not limited to, conversations with our business advisors) and lengths of visits to certain pages;
2. technical information, including your IP (Internet protocol) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Why we collect your personal data
We use the information collected for the purpose of providing the Services, in case we have any queries and for our record keeping. We may also use that data to prove payment for your subscription to the paid Services part of the Website.
We may also use your data in order to manage the Website, collect payment from you, detect fraud or Website abuses, send you information relevant to the Website or the Services and in case we have any queries.
We also need your email address and other contact details, in particular, for sending you information relating to the Website and the Services we offer. This includes (without limitation) the following:
1. To allow you to go ahead and register for an account on the Website, which allows you to use free Services and paid Services. This includes sending an email to you to verify your account details, to give you initial information about the service we offer, and to enable you to commence use of the Website.
2. To respond to you over any queries you raise with us.
3. To record and track details of your profile on the Website and use of the Services on the Website.
4. To collect details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
5. To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services that you request from us or which we or our selected third parties, feel may be of interest to you based on your use of the Services, including (where available) invitations to take part in similar courses or services and/or a newsletter which contains recent business stories and information about us.
We may maintain your user history (such as frequency of use, data accessed and detail of data accessed) for up to six years following use of the Website.
Your obligations as to your data
You must only submit to us, or the Website, information which is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up-to-date and inform us of changes. You may do that through the "Login or Sign Up" part of the Website or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By submitting data in respect of you and anyone else, you must ensure that you have full authority and consent to supply us with that data on their behalf and you warrant to us that you have that authority.
Third Parties and Links
- 1. Pass your details to our agents and subcontractors to help us with any of our uses of your data set out in our Privacy and Cookies Policy. For example, we may use third parties to assist us with delivering the Services to you, to enable us to collect payments from you, to analyse data and to provide us with marketing or customer service assistance; or
- 2. Exchange information with third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- 3. Transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell or may sell our business or part of it to an actual or potential purchaser; or
- 4. Pass your details to selected third parties involved with providing the Services that require the data to select and send relevant information to you about their goods and/or services, which they think are relevant to you and others based on your use of the Services; or
- 5. Disclose aggregate or anonymised information about our Users (for example, we may inform them that 100 women under 50 are interested in setting up their own business) to selected third parties involved with providing the Services, in order to allow them to select the type of marketing materials/programmes they wish to offer to and/or create for the general public (for example, business owners); or
- 6. Disclose your details if required to do so by law (for example, by order of a court or governmental body or authority of competent jurisdiction) or if necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy; or
- 7. Disclose your details as described elsewhere in this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of suppliers, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy and cookies policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those privacy and cookies policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
We shall only disclose your personal data to third parties as set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
IP addresses and cookies
We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Where we store your personal data
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information.
We store your personal details on a secure server. We use industry standard security and firewalls on our servers. We do not collect payment card details directly. To pay for certain Services you will be redirected to a secure third party payment provider called PayPal. Your payment details will be taken through PayPal only. PayPal has its own terms and conditions governing use of their facilities; you should check them carefully before you use its facilities to make a payment. Whilst we are unable to guarantee 100% security, using PayPal payment facilities makes it harder for a hacker to decrypt your details.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
You are responsible for protecting against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer.
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the Internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to pass your details on to third parties and/or process your personal data to provide marketing information about Services or the Website. Please contact us at email@example.com, or write to us at Colne Way, Watford, Hertfordshire WD24 7ND to make these changes. We will change what you receive within a reasonable time. However, changing your privacy settings may inhibit your ability to use the Website so we do not recommend that you do this.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
We may amend this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time. Any amended Privacy and Cookies Policy will be posted on the Website. The amended Privacy and Cookies Policy will apply immediately for new users and 30 days (or such other timeframe as we say when posting) after first posting for all existing users. Each time you enter the Website or use a Service, you agree that the Privacy and Cookies Policy current at that time shall apply to all information which we hold about you. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
By submitting data to us and using the Website, you consent to our use, or our selected third parties' use, of your data and of anyone you represent in the manner set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy (as amended from time to time, as described above) and you are responsible for ensuring that you have authority to consent on behalf of anyone about whom you submit data to us.
You also consent to us (or third party advertisers working through our website) placing cookies on your hard drive. You can turn these off if you want, through the settings on your browser. See the "IP addresses and cookies" section above. Please note that we may place cookies on your hard drive by which you can be personally identified; by using the Website, you consent to this placement of cookies in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy was most recently updated October 2018.