Managing Discipline and Grievance
This half day event will help develop your knowledge and skills when managing or conducting employee discipline and grievance procedures.
The law requires employers to act reasonably in their discipline of employees and in dealing with grievances. Poorly handled processes can lead to unnecessary and costly Employment Tribunals.
Having effective and compliant procedures in place can encourage people to observe the rules and maintain workplace standards. If staff problems are settled early they become less time-consuming, are less likely to damage working relationships, therefore improving staff motivation and productivity.
All delegates will receive an electronic certificate of attendance for their participation in the training.
Delegates from all sectors of industry including: managers, supervisors, team leaders, HR professionals, business owners, Trade Union representatives, employee representatives and individuals who wish enhance their CPD.
This half day event will look at:
- The Acas Code on disciplinary and grievance procedures; how to use it
- Resolving issues informally and when formal action is necessary
- Setting of clear rules and how to communicate them
- The importance of record keeping
- Holding a disciplinary or grievance meeting – and how to conduct it
- Deciding when an internal investigation is necessary and what it should consist of
- Taking appropriate action and the proper use of penalties and sanctions
- Dealing with appeals
Please call Acas on 0300 123 1150 or email email@example.com